The Groups Bulk Management Tool can be used to both add and remove groups from multiple users at the same time.
Groups contain multiple assignments that help make each user account unique. Users can be assigned to multiple groups depending on your organization's set-up.
- Assign the appropriate Rubric Group if your user has a Learner role.
- Assign the appropriate Learner Template Group if your user has a Learner role.
- Assign the appropriate Observer Template Group if your user has an Observer role.
- Assign observers reporting access at either the Org, SubOrg, or Observer level if reporting is available in your organization. (EOY Reporting, Observation Progress Reports, and Strengths & Opportunities Reports are all assigned separately)
This tool is found on the Users page when in your Org Admin role and is available to admins with Org User Manager permissions.
Using the Groups Bulk Management Tool:
- Click the blue Groups Tool button.
- Choose users currently assigned to a specific group using the drop-down option then click Next. To view users currently unassigned to a group leave the group field blank and click Next.
- Select the users you would like to either add to a new group or remove from their currently assigned group by clicking the tiles with their names. Click Next to proceed to step 3.
Helpful Hint: Use the filters to narrow your view by assigned school, rubric or role.
- Step 3 allows the User Manager to select from three options for managing groups, depending on availability due to current group assignments. Once you have chosen an option, click Next to review and confirm your updates.
- Unassign selected user(s) from selected groups. - This will remove selected users from their current group assignment.
- Maintain current assignments, and Assign selected user(s) to: - This will assign selected users to the group chosen from the drop-down menu.
- Unassign selected user(s) from selected groups and Assign selected user(s) to:- This will remove selected users' current group assignments as well as assign them to the group chosen from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4 allows you to review your updates before confirming them. Click Confirm to save the updates.
- A Saved Successfully message will appear to show the updates were successful. Click OK to proceed with your work.