SLOs are typically started from the SLOs tab on a Learner's homepage, but they can also be started from the scheduled Goal-Setting activity for your district. The instructions below provide basic directions for adding and managing your SLOs.
Creating an SLO
- Click the SLO tab on your Learner homepage or select the Student Learning Objectives step from your scheduled Goal-Setting activity.
- Click Create first Student Learning Goal/Objectives
Naming and Adding Details to Your SLO
When the SLO opens, complete the form fields as required by your district to identify, describe and categorize the assessment. The fields available vary by state or district, so your view may be different. The following instructions offer general guidelines for completing fields. Please refer to your state or district's guidelines for specific entry instructions.
- Name of Student Learning Goal/Objective- Click in the field and enter a meaningful name. When you begin to type, the placeholder text disappears and is replaced by your entry.
- Details- The Details section contains all the fields that are needed to explain and describe the details and parameters of your student learning goals. Complete the detail fields according to your district's guidelines. Be sure to save using the Save button in the upper-right.
- How will this be measured?-Some states/districts ask users to select a subject or content area from a menu. Click the drop-down arrow and then select the appropriate subject. To add a measure, click the +Add additional Measure button. To remove a measure, click the blue Delete How will this measured.
Helpful Hint: To overwrite a rating field, click edit on that specific rating that you'd like to make changes to.
Changing a Measure's Weight
As you add new measures to your SLO, the weighting bar at the top of the screen distributes their weights equally. You can override and adjust the weighting, if needed. The platform manages the weights to ensure the combined weight equals 100%
- At the top of the screen, position your cursor on the slider to the right of the wight you wish to modify. Then drag it to the desired weight.
- Alternately, click and drag the percentage itself if you no longer see the slider arrow.
Creating Additional SLOs
- Click the +Add SLO button at the top of the screen and complete the fields as directed in Creating an SLO above.
Helpful Hint: The new SLO has a different color identifier, which matches its accompanying weight slider.
- Add additional measures, if needed.
- Delete an SLO by clicking the Delete SLO button next to the SLO that you'd like to delete
- Click the Save button at the top of your SLO
Submitting Final SLOs for Approval
- When you are finished with the assessment and ready to submit for approval, click Submit & Request Approval at the top-right of your screen.
- Then click Confirm on the pop-up to send the SLOs to the Observer for approver or Cancel to return to the prior page.
Helpful Hint: A submitted SLO is locked and cannot be edited. If you need to make changes to any or all of your SLOs, your observer must unlock the SLOs to enable editing.
Archived SLOs from previous years can be accessed from the SLOs tab on the left-hand side.
To print SLOs, click the Print button in the upper-right of the page. You can select to Save as PDF or select your desired printer. Saving as a PDF will download the file to your computer.