Observers view and manage a Learner's SLOs after the Learner has submitted them for approval.
Viewing a Learner's SLOs
SLOs can be found either by going to the Learner's profile and clicking the SLO icon in the navigation bar, or by opening the Student Learning Objectives (SMART Goals, MSL) step in the scheduled Goal-Setting activity for your district.
The steps below explain how to access a learner's SLOs from the Learner's profile.
- Search for the Learner's name on your dashboard.
- Click on their profile picture.
- From the Learner's homepage, click the SLOs icon in the top navigation bar.
- Select which years SLO you'd like to view from the left-hand panel.
- When the SLO opens, scroll to review the opened SLO.
Helpful Hint: If you see a message that says "Student Learning Goal/Objective is currently editable by the learner only. Once submitted, Observer will be able to approve and rate", the Learner has not yet submitted their SLOs for approval.
Enabling Editing for a Learner's Submitted SLOs
When the learner submits their SLOs for approval, they can no longer edit them until their Observer enables editing.
- Navigate to the learner's SLO and click Enable Editing for Learner.
- The Learner will then be able to make edits and the Observer will have to wait for it to be resubmitted before approving or rating the SLOs.
Approving a Learner's SLOs
- Navigate to the Learner's SLO and click the Approve SLO button in the upper-right of the page.
- Click the Confirm button on the following pop-up window. Choose Cancel to return to the SLO without approving it.