Observation participants may add evidence in uploaded documents, such as lesson plans or images. These artifacts can be collected into evidence by selecting portions of the uploaded file and choosing related indicators to attach to it (tagging). Uploading artifacts is covered in the Uploading Artifacts article.
Please Note: Items uploaded or attached to an observation, like a document, are auto-shared, but the evidence you tag is not. You can choose to share all evidence from the Collected Evidence tab or individual pieces of evidence with your observation participant as you work.
- Choose the uploaded file you wish to tag.
- Click the Add Aligned Indicators button.
- Highlight the text you wish to tag for evidence. For image files, you can tag the entire image and not individual portions.
- In the sliding panel, select Indicators or Goals to open the indicators. Please note, the Indicators represent the Learner's assigned rubric. Goals represent Learner created sticky note goals.
- Select the checkboxes next to the Indicators or Goals that you want to tag for the evidence.
- Select Share Evidence to share the tags.
- To add a comment, click Add Comment at the bottom of the indicators panel and enter text in the text box that displays.
- Click Save at the bottom of the indicators panel.
- Repeat until you are finished collecting evidence. All Collected Evidence can be viewed on the Collected Evidence tab of the activity.
You must click the Save button after tagging indicators for each selection.
To learn more about using the Collected Evidence screen to modify the shared status of evidence, see Modifying Evidence Sharing in Collected Evidence.
To learn more about editing or deleting tagged evidence, see Deleting and Editing Tagged Evidence.