Goals are used to set personalized goals that are often used as part of a professional growth plan for educators. They can also be aligned to the educator's assigned rubric.
Create a New Goal
- From the Learner homepage click the Work on my Goals button.
- Scroll below the Areas of Strength & Areas for Growth to click the blank Goal Note and type a short goal summary. When you are finished, click Save.
Helpful Hint: The Areas of Strength & Areas for Growth can be used to add general thoughts about your teaching and practice.
- Click View Details at the bottom of a Goal Note to open the Goal Details page.
- To answer a reflection question, click into the text box and enter a response. Your text will autosave once you click outside of the text box.
- To align your goal with rubric indicators, click Add Aligned Indicators to access your assigned rubric. Click on the rubric name to open and view the indicators.
- Use the checkboxes to select indicators you wish to align with your goal and then click Save when finished.
- Goals can be edited as long as they are active. You can adjust the text by clicking into the Goal Note or Reflection text boxes. Your text will autosave once you click outside of the textbox
Add a Progress Note to your Goal
Use the Progress area at the bottom of your Goal details page to add notes to help you track progress and achieve your goals. You can add notes or reflections about your goals or add links to websites you use to support your practice and students.
- Click Add Note to open a note field.
- Click in the notes textbox to enter your note. The text will autosave once you click outside of the textbox.
- If you wish to add more items to your note, like links to websites or resources, click Add Link. You may add multiple items to your post. Click Save.
- Goal Notes can be edited by clicking back into the textbox to adjust your text. You can also delete an attached website or the entire Note. You can also edit the Aligned Indicators by re-opening the rubric and adjusting the checked indicators as needed. Click the Save button once completed.
Delete or Inactivate Your Goals
- You can inactivate your Goal so it no longer shows on your Learner homepage. This will also remove them from the Indicator panel in scheduled activities so they cannot be used when tagging evidence.
Click the Inactive button to make your Goal inactive. You can click the Active button at any time to make the Goal active again.
- You may also choose to delete your Goal by clicking the Delete button. Please note, deletion is permanent.
Helpful Hint: You can toggle between Active Goals and those either marked an Inactive or those marked as Archived by your Observer on the left side of the Goal Details page. Inactive Goals and Goals marked as Achieved by your Observer can also be accessed from your Goals Planning page.
For a short video detailing this process, visit Video Quick Tip - Learner: Setting Goals.