EdReflect offers a tool for learners to create goals and track their own improvement targets. The platform permits goals to be tied to specific rubric indicators, allowing learners to develop strategies for improvement.
The observer role can review these goals and work with the educators they are observing to track their progress and mark them Achieved once the Goal has been met.
Viewing a Learner's Goals
- From the Observer dashboard, click the Learner's profile picture to go to their homepage.
- Using the navigation bar that runs across the top of the page
- Choose Goals Planning to view what the Learner has noted as their Areas of Strength & Areas for Growth
- Choose Goals Detail to view the Goal and its details.
- You can also access a Learner's Goals by scrolling to the yellow Goal Notes on their homepage and clicking View Details or by accessing them from within a scheduled activity that includes a Goal Review step, such as a PGP Meeting or a Goal Setting Conference.
Reviewing Goal Details
The Goal Details screen provides an at-a-glance overview of the goal and the learner's progress toward achieving it. Review the following elements:
- Rubric Indicators attached to the goal are listed.
- Responses to district-defined questions help to clarify how a goal will be achieved.
- Progress Notes and resources added by the learner help him/her achieve the goal are displayed at the bottom of the screen.
Helpful Hint: Observers cannot modify a learner's goals. Learners are responsible for writing and modifying their own goals.
Marking a Goal as Achieved
Only Observers can mark a goal achieved.
- When you determine that a goal has been achieved, open the Goals Detail page.
- In the upper right, click Achieved.
- To View Achieved Goals, toggle to the Not Current tab on the Goals Details page.
Helpful Hint: An Achieved Goal is archived. It is removed from the learner's dashboard and Goals Planning page. It is no longer visible in the Indicator panel in scheduled activities and cannot be used when tagging evidence. The Achieved Goal accessed after archiving, but not restored.
- You can also access Achieved Goals by clicking Show Inactive and Completed Goals on the Goals Planning page.
For a short video detailing this process, visit Video Quick Tip - Observer: Viewing your Learner's Goals
Article is closed for comments.