Observation participants may collect evidence in uploaded images, such as .jpg and .png images, by clicking the image and choosing related indicators to attach to it (tagging). Uploading artifacts is covered in the Uploading Artifacts article.
Items uploaded or attached to an observation are auto-shared, but the evidence you tag is not. You can choose to share your evidence with your observation participant as you work by turning on the sharing option before you tag indicators. For more information on sharing observation evidence, see the Sharing Tagged Evidence section at the end of this article.
- After uploading, the image is available on the screen.
- Indicators display in a sliding panel on the right.
Helpful Hint: The indicators panel slides to the right if there is not enough room to display. Just hover on the panel to expand it.
- Click once on the image.
- Select the checkboxes next to the indicator that you want to tag for evidence.
- Click Save at the bottom of the indicator panel.
Helpful Hint: You must Save after tagging indicators.
- To add a comment, click Add a Comment at the bottom of the indicators panel and enter text in the text box that displays.
- Click Save after commenting or Cancel to exit comments.
- Tag evidence to goals, if desired, by opening the Goals tab and following the same procedures as for indicators.
You can see a tally of all evidence collected across the observation in the Collected Evidence item on the navigation bar.
Sharing Tagged Evidence
You can choose to share evidence with your observation participant by using the Share evidence button at the top of the indicators panel.
The status area to the left of the button advises you whether the evidence you tag and save will be shared. By default, sharing is not enabled when you open an observation screen.
- When sharing is turned on, any evidence you tag and save is shared.
- When sharing is turned off, any evidence you tag and save is not shared.
- You can toggle between sharing states as you work.
- The share options do not impact previously shared or unshared work.
Helpful Hint: You can change the shared status of all saved evidence in Collected Evidence. To learn more about using the Collected Evidence screen to modify the shared status of evidence, see Modifying Evidence Sharing.