"A goal properly set is halfway reached." Abraham Lincoln
Creating a Goal
- Click the blank goal summary on the home page to open the Goal Planning page.
- Click Add Another Goal in the sticky note outline to open a blank goal in which you can create a new goal summary.
- Click the new note and type a short goal summary. When you are finished, press Enter or click outside the note.
- Click on the Areas of Strength or Areas for Growth note cards to add general thoughts about your teaching. Click outside the note card to update the text.
Entering Goal Details
The goal details screen allows you to align a goal to indicators and define attributes, such as completion date. Districts choose their own detail questions, so your questions may vary from those shown below.
- Click View Details at the bottom of a goal summary to open the Goal Details page.
- To answer a detail question, click Add Answer, enter a response in the text box that displays, and then click Save.
- To align a goal with indicators, click the Align this goal...link to open the indicator table.
- If your district has multiple rubrics, choose a rubric.
- Use the check boxes to select indicators you wish to align to your goal and then click Save when finished.
Documenting Goal Support and Growth
Use the Goal Progress area at the bottom of the goal to document both the supports you use to achieve your goals and the growth you are accomplishing in your goals.
See Adding Progress Posts to Your Goals for instructions on using the Goal Progress area.