Creating Observer-Learner Relationships
In order for users to schedule activities, share information, and perform other collaborative actions, you must first define their relationships in User Management.
- After opening the user's account, click the Relationships tab.
- Click Add New Learner or Add New Observer.
- Choose a user from the menu and then click the Add button.
- Repeat to add more observers, as needed.
Creating Auto-Share Relationships
Activities are conducted between a learner and observer. There are situations where it is appropriate for other observers to be able to view a learner’s activity, but not participate in the activity. Use auto-share to allow access to others’ activities or to give others access to the user’s activities.
- Click an auto-share link to choose observers.
- These people can see [user name's] observations
- [User name] can see observations by these people
- Click Add new auto-share observer.
- Select an organization, if applicable, and then select an observer.
For example, if you set observer Obi-Wan Kenobi’s auto-share to allow observer Yoda to view his activities, and you know that Yoda will need to see Obi-Wan's activitiesof learner Luke Skywalker, you must ensure that Luke Skywalker has an observer-learner relationship with Yoda. ~Auto-share you must~
Removing Auto-Share Relationships
To remove an auto-share relationship, perform the actions below:
- Return to either the primary observer's or auto-share observer's profile, and then open the appropriate auto-share link.
- Find the desired user tile and click Delete in the upper right corner.