- Choose Org Admin from the Settings menu after signing on, if needed.
- Click Manage Users to open the User Management screen.
- At the top of the screen, click Add a new user.
- Complete the user profile as follows. Items marked with* are required.
- First Name*
- Last Name*
- Employee ID* - If your district uses a specific ID for reporting, such as a district or state ID, you may add it here to make reporting easier. Alternately, you may enter an email address as a placeholder.
- Subjects – Choose the user's subjects from the menu.
- Grades – Select the grade(s) the user works with.
- School Affiliations – If appropriate, choose the organization(s), district(s), or school(s) the user is associated with. Be aware that school affiliations restrict the user's activity to the selected organizations.
- Roles* – Select the appropriate role(s) for the user. Users can have multiple roles. All roles have associated options that display when you select the role. The options are explained below.
- Learner Rubrics* – The learner role requires a rubric to display in the learner's rating and tagging activities. Click in the Select Rubric field and choose a rubric from the list. Learners should have only one rubric.
- Learner Learner Template Groups – If your organization uses Learner Template Groups, select the appropriate template group for the user. Please check with your system administrator or support if you are not sure whether to assign a template group. Template groups restrict the type of activities that can be assigned to the user, so use caution when assigning template groups so you don't inadvertently block a user from a needed activity template.
- Observer Observer Template Groups - If your organization uses Observer Template Groups, select the appropriate template group for the user. Please check with your system administrator if you are not sure whether to assign a template group. Template groups restrict the type of observation templates that can be used by the observer, so use caution when assigning template groups so you don't inadvertently block a user from a needed observation template.
- Active – Leave at Yes to activate the user.
- Click Save when finished.
Helpful Hint: When you select a role, a link displays allowing you to make the role the default. Use this for multi-role users who want a specific role as their default.
Next article in series: Create New User Accounts (Step 2) - Defining Relationships