Managing Observer/Learner Relationships
The Bulk User Management tools allow Org Admins to assign and reassign multiple learners to observers. Observer - Observer relationships must be created on an individual basis.
- From the Update Existing Users tab, select observer/learner relationships from the I'm Updating field.
- Choose to display unassigned users and/or users with an existing relationship.
- Click individual users to select them. You do not need to press a key (Ctrl, Shift or CMD) to make multiple selections. Your selections accumulate until you are finished.
- Use Filter by schools to scale the list to specific school users.
- Alternately, use Select all to choose all users on the list.
- To deselect an item, click it again, or use Deselect All to clear all selections.
- You can also use the search field to find a specific user.
- Once you have selected the appropriate users, you may drag and drop them to the appropriate observer or use a dialog box to manually assign users to an observer or observers.
- Drag and drop
- Drag the selected users to the appropriate observer in the bottom panel. As you drag, a cursor image displays the number of selected users you are assigning to the observer.
- When the observer icon animates, you may release the mouse button. The assignment is made immediately.
- Manually assign learners to observers
Use Manual assignment to assign users to individual or multiple observers.
- After selecting users, click the Manually assign them multiple observers item.
- In the dialog box that displays, select the observer(s) you wish to assign the users to.
- Click Save Assignment to complete the observer assignment(s).
Reassigning Learners to Other Observers
You can reassign observers' learners to other observers by using the selection pane at the bottom of the Bulk User Management screen.
- Click the tiles of the observer(s) whose learners you wish to reassign. The reassignment pane displays the selected observer(s) at the top and learners listed underneath. A column of other organization observers displays to the right.
- Select the learners you'd like to reassign to other observer(s). As noted in the assignment instructions above, your selections accumulate automatically, and you may use Select all (above the list) to choose all the learners. To deselect an item, click it again, or use the Deselect all link.
- Once you have selected the intended learners, you may drag and drop them to the appropriate observer in the column to the right.
Removing Learners from Observers
- After opening the reassignment pane above, select the users you wish to remove from the displayed observer(s).
- Click the just remove them from this observer link at the bottom left of the Reassignment pane (highlighted in the image above).
The removal is made immediately.